Ace of Spades Wiki:Community portal
 What is this place?
This specific page is a more official community hub for announcements and the like, use the discussion page (linked at the top) to ask any questions you have about the wiki.
 Clean up
So, it's June 2012 and there hasn't been much action lately, but hopefully that's about to change.
I've cleaned up some of the pages or parts of them. If you find a page that is not longer useful or is outdated, add it to the list below of pages needing a clear out/rewrite. Add a little sentence to it explaining what's up to be helpful to those looking to patch up these pages. Only admins can remove pages, but anyone can edit pages so feel free to start attacking the list by adding new pages needing attention, or editing the ones in the list.
If you have completed the clean-up of a page, put a little message and your profile link/time (by typing four ~ in a row) to show it has been dealt with! --Thanks, TheGrandmaster 10:48, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
- Building - outdated information. Updated/added to --TheGrandmaster 10:48, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
- Buildings - see below.
- Map - needs new map overviews for possibly both game-modes.
- Server Browsers - update the list, check for compatibility etc.
- Troubleshooting Page - update and expand (use forums to help), perhaps make it like an FAQ.
- Scoreboard - needs new image (0.76)
- Merge Tutorial: Green with Green Team, same thing for Blue Team
 Buildings Re-write
 Already made page, needs fixing up:
Any contributions to these pages or ideas and suggestions would be helpful. Donuts42 22:24, 24 June 2011 (CDT)
- Well, the doubtful ones are not really needed in my view. Trenches are not buildings, and roads are just creating a line of blocks. I think Bunkers could become a fine page, since some designs with camouflage are pretty useful ingame. Tunnels/walls are pretty intuitive to make, so I think those are optional. So I'd generally agree. --TheGrandmaster 02:02, 25 June 2011 (CDT)
Just added some pages. I added Game Modes if you are instrested and if you would like to see my other contributions please just check them out. --LinktersHD 13:42, 05 July2012 (GMT)
 Using the wiki
 Editing advice
- The easiest way to create new pages is to search for the page name you want to create (in lowercase), and it will ask if you wish to create the page - in which case you'd click the link and begin writing!
- If you have started making a page but think it's a bit empty, just say so in the summary. e.g. "Page creation. EXPAND"
- Headings are done by ='s. =Heading1= ==Heading2== (etc). With enough heading's on the page, a contents will automatically be generated at the top.
- Discuss the larger edits, use the talk page to ask for advice or post possible large changes. When doing this, make sure to sign your name by some wiki formatting: --~~~~ . There's also a signature-looking button at the top of the editing box
- Make sure you use the summary box! Say an overview of what you changed/why - it's helpful for others when looking through the recent changes
- When you see what you want to have as an image, hit the 'Print screen' button on your keyboard.
- Open Photoshop, MS Paint, or Paint.net. I recommend Paint.net if you don't have Photoshop, as it is free and very good, if compared to MS Paint.
- Crop if needed, for example, the icons for 'ally', 'enemy', 'base', etc. in map.
- Save as .png. Not as .jp(e)g or .bmp as there will be compression noise EVERYWHERE, the colors will be WARPED, and it looks like crap as compared to .png. (Hey, it's the community portal! I can be biased here!)
- Under "Toolbox", click "Upload file".
- Fill in and browse stuff.
- Click "Browse" (?) and browse to your file.
- Click "Upload file"
- Copy "[[File:Example.png|thumb|alt=Example alt text|Example caption]]" where-ever you want the picture in your article.
- Change "Example.png" to whatever you image filename is.
- Change "Example alt text" to whatever text you want below the image.
- Change "Example caption" to whatever caption you want below the image (and above the text).
- Preview so you are sure you did things right.
- Save your changes.
Congratulations! You have now decorated a page with an image!
 State of the Wiki
Unfortunately due to our recent spam attack I have made a few changes to the setup of the wiki. The most noticeable change will be the recaptcha, all edits from new users and guests will now require a captcha submission which should help is slowing the speed in a future attack. Secondly, the main page has now been protected and all changes you would like to make must now be requested in the talk page. Lastly, users and guests will no longer be able to move any pages. I thought the community was handling the wiki well which is why I didn't have these things implemented since the begging, but I guess somethings just have to be done.
I really want to thank all of our great community members who have helped out not only with the spam attack but overall around the wiki. I have seen some members stand out more than others and because of that I will be holding a community vote to give Moderator rights to multiple users.
I'm really happy that this wiki is shaping out to be a great resource for the community. In the past 10 days we have seen tens of thousands of new players use us as a trusted resource for all things Ace of Spades and I hope to be able to continue that with your support.
User:Mpcovcd - Admin
- I have a few questions:
- Do moderators have to fill in a recaptcha?
- How will the community vote work? It will be on this page, I guess?
- Are you going to implement more security?
- Because of the vandalism wave, are we finally getting a TOS/Rule list?
- Also, thank you for the changes you made for protecting our wiki. While at first I thought that you barely did anything, my view of you has been changed. Thank you for your effort. Best of luck, Chosen 15:28, 24 April 2011 (EDT)'
I would also like to know if moderators have to fill it in, I think it should be removed.. :/ --Andrea 20:33, 24 April 2011 (EDT)