The Shotgun is the third primary weapon introduced in Ace of Spades, after the Submachine Gun and the original Rifle. The shotgun adds a bit of realism by properly spreading 8 "pellets" randomly, with the range varying depending on the distance from which it is fired. Introduced in Beta 0.58, the shotgun is ideal for close combat, yet is also possible to get headshots within a reasonable distance. This weapon is designed off of the 1960's Remington Model 870 model, however the model featured in game is known as a sawn-off variant, or sawed-off depending on your country. This means that the stock is either shortened or removed all together and the barrel is shortened to just longer than the magazine tube, and if possible, the magazine tube and action itself is shortened. The Remington Model 870 is a U.S.-made pump-action shotgun manufactured by Remington Arms Company, Inc. It is widely used by the public for sport shooting, hunting, and self-defense. It is also commonly used by law enforcement and military organizations worldwide.
 Using the Shotgun
- Left click: Fire
- Right click: Aim down ironsights
- R: Reload
- Hotkey: 3
The shotgun does variable damage relative to how many pellets hit him, and how far away you are to your foe. With close range within 10 blocks and a good aim, you can kill your foe with one shot. You can break blocks with 1 shot within 15 blocks of distance. At 40 blocks away you use 3 or more shells on one block, so it's much easier to use the rifle to break blocks at such a distance. The shotgun holds 6 shells per magazine, and holds 48 shells all together. Reloading loads all 6 shells one at a time. You can cancel reloading and load the gun half way at anytime by doing anything with your gun.
 Iron Sights
The shotgun's ironsight differes from that of the semi and SMG in that using an ironsight doesn't impact the accuracy the shot due to the spread effect.
- The shotgun is very useful when raiding the enemy's base because of its extreme firepower at close range.
- When wandering in tunnels, the shotgun proves useful for sudden close-range combat along with blasting through blocks
- When shooting at a player far away, refrain from aiming at the directly but rather to the side to compensate for the spread effect
- Because the shotgun's tracers are hardly detectable, the shotgun is a very useful tool for close ranged sniping.
- Shotguns wreck barricades, since many pellets are likely to hit a single block in a single blast.
 Update history
Ace of Spades Beta 0.58
- The shotgun has been added to the game.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.62
- The shotgun has been buffed.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.7
- Shotgun tracers and tweaks has been added.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.75
- Minor shotgun/SMG improvements.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.76
- Buffs to shotgun fire and reload rate.
- Shotgun can now load 8 shells.
- Each shell contains 8 "pellets" which spread out with distance.
- This weapon is designed off of the 1960's Remington Model 870 model.
- The bullets (with luck) can break blocks up to around 30 blocks away.
- The shotgun does emit bullets, but they're very small and hardly seeable buckshot.
- With correct aiming at close range you can break 2 blocks at once.
|Weapons||Rifle * SMG * Shotgun * Grenade|
|Tools||Blocks * Spade|