There are no current official modding capabilities for Ace of Spades. A small modding community does exist, with mods executed generally by editing the .kv6 file (model) and the .png file (textures/images) for local skin repacks etc.
For the full guide on reskinning, see Tutorial:Reskinning.
Reskin can both be used as a noun (a reskin) or as a verb (to reskin). As a noun, it means a reskinned version of an item, a recolored/formed version of an ingame item or player. As verb it means reskinning.
 Process of reskinning (kv6)
Reskinning has been known to be fairly easy, if you are using tools to open the .kv6 files of the game.
- Download SLAB6 at this site.
- Open the .zip you downloaded.
- Click slab6.exe
- Click 'Open'
- Browse to C:/ProgramFiles/Ace_of_Spades/kv6(Or into that location where you installed Ace of Spades).
- Double-click the file you want to edit.
- Click 'Help' for information on how to edit.
The following tutorial will show you how to install them:
 Process of reskinning (ironsights)
Resighting is simple, if you are using the correct programs. Before starting, make sure you have suitable image editing software. It needs to be able to cope with transparency, so the recommended free software would be Paint.net or GIMP. Note: It is also advised to make backups of your 'png' folder before beginning.
- Open your main Ace of spades program folder, find the folder "png".
- Choose what weapon you want to edit: shotgun, SMG or semi and then load the relevant .png file into your image editor.
- Once open, you can edit what you see when looking down the ironsights of that gun.
- Make sure that you have a transparent background to your image (Transparency is usually denoted by chequers).
- Once you have made it the way you like, save the image. If a save-box opens, save the image as a .png file and replace the original.
Note: The centre spot (where the bullets actually go) is situated at (400,300). It would be advisable to not remove the default's centre spot when editing, to prevent you from having to work it out manually.
 How to install mods
- Find the folder the kv6 file and/or png or wav file is.
- Right click the file, and press "copy"
- Go to your C: drive
- Go to the AoS folder
- Double click the kv6/png/wav folder
- Right click, and press "paste"
- Copy and replace the existing file(s)
 How to save any PNG image as an in-game PNG
- Right click on the image
- save it as semi/splash/etc.
- put it in the PNG folder and replace the existing image.
NOTE: You need to have some transparency to see through!
Hacking is the action of altering your game client or the game files so that you have an unfair advantage over other players. Typical 'hacks' include making yourself have greater than maximum health (or simply being invincible), increased movement speed, infinite ammunition and instant reload. This type of 'playing' is frowned upon by most of the community. Never hack or you might be banned or the players might call you a cheater, if you follow this it may help keep you out of trouble. One of the most used hacks on the game is aimbot.
 Limitations on hacking
The developer of the game has implemented limitations that help to prevent cheating:
- There is an ability to votekick. Votekick by pressing 'Tab' to find out the ID of the hacker, and type '/votekick [ID]'.
- As of Beta 0.30, admins can kick and ban people.