Grenades are a versatile explosive weapon. Players carry a limit of 3 grenades, and visiting the Command Post will restock up to that limit.
 Using the Grenade
- Left click: Throw Grenade.
- Hotkey: 4
A grenade will destroy blocks in all directions within a 3x3x3 blast radius. Exploding at point blank range will deal approximately 600 damage to the player. Damage roughly decreases to 400, 200, and then 100 for each block away the player is from the grenade. This means a player inside of its blast radius will be instantly killed. Less damage is dealt beyond the radius, and no damage is dealt beyond 10 blocks.
No damage is dealt whatsoever in water (this has been confirmed as a feature).
 Detonating a Grenade
The grenade's timer (exactly 3 seconds) starts as soon as the mouse button is clicked. Players can hold onto the grenade to 'cook' it, and release it before the timer ends. This may deny the enemies' ability to run, or allow the player to have the grenade explode in midair and negate horizontal cover. If held too long, grenades will explode in the player's hand. When a grenade explodes in the player's hand, it will not deal damage to enemies nearby but will damage blocks nearby. A thrown grenade will damage any enemy within range and the thrower, but not the thrower's allies. Cooking a grenade also does not increase the range of the throw.
A 2 second cook may cause explosion on landing if the target is relatively close to the thrower's height. Cooking to around 2.5 seconds may cause explosion in midair. These times depend on the thrower's ability to time the explosion; if the player counts the explosion at five, then the corresponding numbers will scale up.
The grenade is very effective against some types of buildings. This includes closed buildings, as players may have trouble escaping before impact. Grenades can also be used to destroy walls, bridges, and other foundations.
Midair blasts can be of great use when attacking small windows, for it may a) destroy outlying blocks or b) kill any players hiding in a room.
It is possible to throw a grenade at the apex of a jump. When done correctly, it may greatly increase the range or height of the throw. This is especially useful for throwing grenades into high rooftops or far-away trenches. The last limitation is that throwing a grenade in water will do no damage unless the enemy is in a one block radius
 Update history
Ace of Spades Beta 0.1
- The grenade has been added to the game.
- Added grenade world/player damage.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.2
- Grenade pin sound is now positional.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.4
- You can now drop live grenades on death.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.45
- Increased grenade throw distance.
- Fixed grenade damage after death.
- Reduced grenade bandwidth usage.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.48
- Grenades are now less bouncy.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.5
- Grenade world damage fixed.
Ace of Spades Beta 0.51
- Server-side grenade ammo count fixed.
- This is designed off of the Mk 2 Hand Grenade, also known as the 'pineapple grenade'. The Mk 2 defensive hand grenade is a fragmentation hand grenade (sometimes written Mk II) used by the U.S. armed forces during World War II and in later conflicts including the Vietnam War.
|Weapons||Rifle * SMG * Shotgun * Grenade|
|Tools||Blocks * Spade|