When installing Ace of Spades, you are assigned the default name of 'Deuce'. As of beta 0.61, if your name is set to 'Deuce' in the configuration file, it will prompt you to enter a name, so on first run you will receive this. In order to alter your in-game name after the initial change, you must locate config.ini and alter its contents.
 Steps to alter config.ini
Note: the name "Deuce" is used as an example, it represents your current in-game name.
- Open your file explorer and navigate to the "Ace Of Spades" folder. (Usually: C:\Program Files\Ace of Spades or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ace of Spades)
- Open the "config.ini" file.
- Search for the 'name' line. e.g. "name = Deuce"
- Change "Deuce" to the name you wish to have for your online screen name.
- Save the file and close out of the program. Now your online screen name should be changed to what you wanted.
(Troubleshoot:) If saving doesn't work, and you are prompted 'Access denied', see the config.ini section on the troubleshooting page.
Alternatively you can copy the contents of the 'config.ini' file and open a new "notepad" and paste the contents of it into the new document. Save the new document into your "documents" folder in case something goes wrong and you lose the file. If that happens, download AoS again.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the name of the new file has ".ini" extension behind it or it will not work.
 Third-Party Programs
Spadille has a config editor that allows you to easily change your name.